Was born in 1981, Moscow, Russia
1998 — 2004 SAUH, Sociology
2017 — 2019 BHASD, Contemporary Art
04. 2015 Berlin, Neu West Berlin Gallery
04. 2018 Moscow, «Tastes and symbols of time» («
09. 2018 Moscow, Fragment Gallery, «Ways of Communication» ( «
10. 2018 Moscow, «temperatYRA!»
02. 2019 Moscow, Richter, «the Maze» («
03. 2019 Moscow, Solyanka Gallery, «Flowers for women» («
+7 985 796 2096
One of the themes I like to work with — is UNDERSTANDING. I am interested in exploring the question whether
understanding is possible in general. How should communication be built so that all its participants can understand each
Should we expect recipients to take out the same understanding of the message we put into it?
My art is my personal language. Each object is a message to the viewer and also a message to myself.
No work is completed. I am changing, my perception of the world is changing, my view on the previously raised issues
is changing. Each previous work can be part of a follow-up or be re-created in a new context.
The theme of irony and absurdity is close to me.
I am still in the process of finding certainty in my art.
Here I put three dots and then one
web site: Maria_Smorodian_eng.pdf